Motorcycle Endorsement

Get Your Motorcycle Endorsement & Ride Safe

To legally ride in Washington, you must have a 2-wheel motorcycle or 3-wheel sidecar/trike:

  • Endorsement on your driver license.
  • Instruction permit to learn how to ride on public roadways.

How to get your motorcycle endorsement or motorbike permit…

Motorcycle (2-wheel)
Learn how to get a motorcycle endorsement on your driver license or an instruction permit to ride on public roads.

Sidecar & Trikes (3-wheel)
Find out how to get a driver license endorsement or an instruction permit to ride your trike or motorcycle with a sidecar.

Check Endorsement Status
You can check the status on these cards:

  • Driver license
  • Instruction permit
  • ID card
  • Motorcycle endorsement or permit
  • Commercial driver license (CDL)
  • Commercial driver instruction permit

Be a responsible rider, get your motorcycle endorsement!